So, Linda http://lovinitnappy.blogspot.com/ tagged me like a month ago (bless her heart), and well, here I am, better late than never. This is not easy, I had to dig a little cause I like to keep it real. Here I go...Five things that make me who I am:
1. I love, love, love the Lord, my Father, my Savior, Jesus Christ. I thank him for his mercy, his goodness, and his saving grace. You don't have to believe me when I say that I was wreckless and wretched from my teens to my early thirties (God knows). Through all of my trials and tribulations, he never left me nor forsake me, and because of that, today, deliverance is mine. Thank you Jesus! (I'm also a Christmas baby 12/25/67).
2. I am the only child of Precious and Myrna Allums, and am consequently spoiled, but not rotten.
3. I am married (5.5 years), to my soul mate (second marriages for both of us). Between us we have 7 children; 2 mine, 4 his, 1 adopted. Only one lives at home, my 16 year old son, who I home school. My husband is Mexican (born in Mexico) but I did not find that out until 2-3 months into dating him when I overheard him speaking Spanish on the phone). It didn't matter to me though as I believe there is only one race - human, but different cultures within the race. His brother used to be married to my cousin on my father's side who I had never met until after I married my husband. All three of them work for the same employer - but in different departments.
4. I am a loving and nurturing person who loves animals second to people. We currently have 2 dogs (a Toy Poodle and a Pitt Bull mix), and a Kentucky Mountian Horse. The pets I have had in the past: Birds (Conyer, Parakeets); Rabbit, Guinea Pigs, Cats, Tropical Fish, Turtle, 2 quarter horses.
5. I love to travel, and am trying to see the all of the places I want to go which are farthest, while I'm young and have stamina and endurance, and save the United States for the RV when we retire. So far, I've been to: Egypt, Australia, Thailand, St. Lucia, Mexico, Canada, Arkansas, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Arizona, New York, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Nevada, Oregon, Florida, and Georgia. Where I want to go: Africa, (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa), Vietnam, Greece, Italy, Morocco, Spain, Jerusalem, Mecca, Jamaica, Martinique, The Maldives, Micronesia. Too many places to name!
Ok, that's a little bit about me. I'm tagging Sony, Ree-C, and Leighann