Thursday, July 02, 2009

I'm Still Here

Yes, I'm back on the block. I fell off there for a while. It was just becoming too trying and much too boring to try and chronicle every millimeter of my Sisterlock's growth, so I decided to give it a rest. I did not however intend to stay gone so long.

I've been keeping busy, working, studying Egyptian Belly Dance, working out - swimming, weight and cardio training. I've lost 20 pounds since I started September 1, 2008. It's been a wonderful journey and I am blessed beyond measure.

Thanks to my consultant, Lana of Braids by Lana, who retightened my locks on Friday, I have some new pics to post. She did a bantu knot set on me using Wrap A Locs. I kept them in from Friday to Sunday, and on Sunday she took them out and showed me some styling options. Like to see it? Here it goes...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go on with your bad self!!! You look stunning!!! Congratulations on the weight loss!!!

I'm lovin the bantu knot and various styles!!

Anonymous said...

Oh...I forgot to mention that I love your new blog & profile pics!

Chocolata said...

Thank you! How have you been? I see you're still coming up with wonderful vegan dishes. So when are you opening the restaurant?

Sogolocs said...

What does your diet consist of ? You love wonderful, keep up the good work. Your hairstyles are just adorable.

Chocolata said...

@Sogolocs...I work out between 4-6 days a week, mostly 6 days, but I may have an off week occationally. I eat low fat, high protein foods. Fresh vegetables and fruit. I'll take a look at my food journal when I get to work tomorrow and try to give you a realistic idea of what a typical day looks like. I'm taking my time and doing it slow and healthy and not trying to starve myself or give up all the things I like but rather trying to do things in moderation and always incorporating exercise. I love to cook and love to eat and try things so living on carrots and celery was not an option.